Pecan Trees (Bare Root) - Oconee (Type 1)
Best Planted in USDA Hardiness Zone: 6-10.
Plant Quick Guide
Year to Bear:
Does Not Ship To:
- How To Plant
Due to the Agricultural Laws in place, we cannot ship to Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or US territories. We cannot ship trees internationally. If you have any questions concerning transit time for your order, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or toll free 855-817-5268.
What to Expect
Our bare root plants come with their roots packaged in wet paper wrapped in plastic. You can keep them in their packages for up to 7 days if you place them in a cool, shady, frost-free place like an unheated garage. Before you store the plants, open up their packages and make sure that the roots and packing material are moist. The packing material should feel like a wrung-out sponge. Check the moisture level of the packaging material every two days.
If you don't have an ideal place to store the plants in their packages or if you must wait for longer than 7 days to plant, then it is a good idea to heel your plants in.
How to Heel In Bare Root Trees
Ready to Plant
STEP 1: Take the trees out of the box and inspect the trees to make sure the main trunk did not snap and the roots are in good shape.
STEP 2: Our bare root plants come with their roots packaged in wet paper wrapped in plastic. Remove the plastic bag from around roots.
STEP 3: Soak the roots in a bucket/trough/bin etc. for 24 hours. It is important that the roots stay covered in water.
STEP 4: After a 24 hour soak, plant your trees in the ground. The hole should be double the width and as deep as the root system.
STEP 5: Spread out the dormant tree’s roots to encourage outward growth.
STEP 6: Keep the tree vertical in the planting hole (perpendicular to the ground) so that it grows straight.
STEP 7: Keep the graft union (the colored tape on the lower trunk) 2-3 inches above the ground.
STEP 8: Refill the hole with native soil (what was removed at digging time), and any other soil amendments.
STEP 9: Gently tamp out any air pockets from the soil once the planting hole is filled.
STEP 10: Thoroughly water your newly planted tree.
More Information: Bare Root Planting Guide
• Pecan bare root preorders will be accepted until harvest date of bare root trees (to be determined, but generally early January) or until maximum orders have been filled.
• Orders will ship approximately 2-3 weeks after harvest date UNLESS otherwise noted in your order. We do not hold orders unless requested by you the buyer.
• Payment in full is required to secure quantity and variety for your order. Payment will be processed immediately upon completing checkout.
• Preorders are shipped in the order that they were received after harvest date (to be determined, but generally early January).
• If, in the event the quantity or variety you preordered is not available you will be notified and will have the opportunity to substitute a different variety or cancel your order before shipping.
Trees arrived in great shape and are growing!
Great service more than satisfied
Ordered 10 trees all of the same kind. Two trees came on one day an the other eight came a day later. I planted all the trees on days they arrived. Two of the trees that arrived on the second wave of shipments was in poor shape with the leaves wilting. Don’t know if they will make it but the other eight are in excellent shape taking water twice a day.
the leaves on the tree start dying, don"t know if this tree will spout new leaves or not. The shipping company keeps shipment too long instead of delivering the live plants
HELLO MY FRIENDS; I HAD IT SHIPPED TO MY SON IN GA. [[ HE INFORMED ME THAT THE TREE ARRIVED IN THE BEST CONDITION , OF ANY PECAN TREES OR, PEAR, ETC THAT HE HAD EVER RECIEVED. ]]. VERY PLEASED.